AgustaWestland AW119Ke Koala I-HVDP … resting at Eurotech facility in Caiolo (SO), August 2018.
PRESS RELEASE – 30 March 2018
FIDAE 2018 – CHILEAN HELICOPTER FLEET GROWS STRONGER WITH FIRST AW109 TREKKER SALE IN THE COUNTRY.
- An AW119Kx VIP and an AW109 Trekker utility will be delivered in 4Q2018 and 1Q2019 respectively
- Leonardo helicopters fleet in Chile exceeds 20 aircraft of various models including AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol covering VIP/corporate passenger, firefighting, utility and law enforcement
- Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Latin America for civil and military tasks
Leonardo announced today that two additional civil helicopters will be delivered to Chilean private operators by early 2019, adding to a fleet of more than 20 aircraft currently in service. The deliveries will mark the entry of the new AW109 Trekker light twin, in a utility configuration, into the Chilean market in 1Q2019 as well as an AW119Kx single engine for VIP transport in 4Q2018. The AW109 Trekker maintains the AW109 Grand airframe, large cabin and top class performance while offering greater payload at a competitive cost, thus proving perfectly suited to meet the stringent requirements of Chilean operators in terms of capabilities, cost/effectiveness and environment, particularly in high altitude conditions.
Types in service in Chile include the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement and utility tasks. Over 400 military and civil helicopters are operated in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector covering the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Heli-Expo 2018 – Press Release – 1 March 2018
LEONARDO CELEBRATES HELICOPTER ORDERS AT HELI-EXPO 2018 OF NEARLY 140 MILLION EURO.
- Seventeen aircraft across Aw119Kx, AW109 GrandNew, AW109 Trekker, AW169, AW139 and AW189 models
- Deliveries through to 2019 with aircraft to perform EMS missions across Europe, VIP/corporate and passenger transport in UK, Spain, Japan and Argentina, wind farm support in Germany, offshore in Indonesia and law enforcement in China among others
- First contract for the recently EASA-certified AW109 Trekker in Northern Europe
Finally, the Tianjin Municipal Public Security Bureau has chosen the AW139 for law enforcement emergency response, security, traffic control, search and rescue (SAR), and other public utility duties, expanding the presence of Leonardo in China for law enforcement roles. The Company has already delivered to Chinese operators more than 20 aircraft of various models for this task to date, including 9 AW139s, confirming itself as the law enforcement market leader in China.